We love our products. We keep the hanseatic and traditional approach to produce our handmade products in the best way known in our industry. We are innovative in the way we work in the market and drive change in our industry. We want this love for our products and innovation to be reflected in everything we do. We look forward to the opportunity to work with our customers: We work with our customers on market terms. We offer service in a personal, old-fashioned way, as the Hanseatic dealers have always done - and this guarantees you a perfect product every time and lets you have the best night's sleep. Every night.
The Quality Guideline applies to all our products, our production and logistics processes and the supply chain up to the source of the raw materials.
3. quality promise
For all relevant private label products, RICHARD BEHR & CO. (RIBECO) requires compliance with all legal requirements in the quality area. For the manufacture and trade of products, the four most important quality aspects must be considered:
- Quality of materials
- Quality of the production processes
- Quality of the packaging
- Supply chain orientation - for each of these quality features
- We are committed to consistent and transparent quality products, packaging and production standards at all stages of the supply chain.
RIBECO aims to expand its range of 100% controlled quality products, productions and packaging, originating from production sites that have been proven to apply quality standards that exceed legal requirements. In addition, our suppliers are obliged to comply with minimum quality standards at all stages of the production chain, i.e. from the fattening farm to the processor and the shop (see Corporate Governance Principles / BSCI Code of Conduct / ISO quality standards). RIBECO is a member of all relevant trade associations and / or all committees and bodies relevant to quality standards, in particular the Verband der Deutschen Federn Industrie VDFI, the European Down and Feather Association EDFA and the International Down and Feather Bureau IDFB, and drives its standards and codes of conduct through the entire supply chain.
4. requirements and implementation
We are actively committed to the observance of quality standards and have already taken concrete measures to this end, among others in the following areas:We are
Sustainability standards for customers
Our customers are one of the strongest drivers and advocates of the industrial approach of our industry to quality standards for products, packaging and production. We work with our customers to help them formulate their standards and objectives and monitor progress towards achieving them. We follow our highest customer standards.
Requirements on our products and raw materials
RIBECO procures products exclusively from manufacturers that meet all local and international quality standards and/or are certified accordingly. In this way we can avoid using only chain elements that do not reliably meet the international quality standards for our products.
Textile environmental topics
RIBECO closely monitors all textile-related environmental issues and topics and strives to be at the forefront of the latest standards, tests and labels at all times.
- All our products are Oekotex-certified and are therefore tested by third parties. Our Oekotex certification proves that no harmful substances are emitted - neither in our fabrics nor in our filling materials
- All natural fillings are Daunasan and Daunafresh certified, which guarantees hygiene according to EN 12935.
- We are DETOX certified third party suppliers that no toxic water is released into the environment throughout the supply chain. This is particularly sensitive to bleaching and dyeing processes for the fabrics of our products
- We buy more and more quantities of organic, GOTS and Fairtrade certified cotton.
- We label and describe all naturally filled products according to EN 12934 and follow these quality characteristics carefully.
Third party audits
RIBECO uses the following standards tested by third parties to monitor compliance with these guidelines:
- RIBECO is certified to use Oekotex for its fabrics and fillings
- RIBECO issues NOMITE labels for suitability for allergy sufferers
- RIBECO issues Downafresh labels for compliance with EU hygiene standards
- RIBECO fabrics are certified skin-friendly by the Hohenstein Institute
- And our entire supply chain is IDFL certified and audited.
5. active implementation
At RIBECO we implement our quality requirements in close cooperation with our suppliers. The implementation of our internal requirements is carried out by the purchasing departments with the support of the responsible corporate governance drivers. Specific requirements, targets and measures are also implemented in close cooperation. We monitor the implementation at our suppliers and carry out risk-oriented assessments. If necessary, we reserve the right to have the requirements of our sustainability policy checked by internal and/or external audits. In addition, we expect our suppliers to ensure that all employees who are responsible for handling products, machinery or packaging whose quality is impaired are effectively trained to carry out routine practices in such a way that the risk of quality defects where and where minimized is necessary is qualified to promote good quality standards in their areas of responsibility. This Quality Policy is part of our General Terms and Conditions. When violations of our policy are identified, suppliers are expected to submit corrective action plans that clearly state how relevant violations will be resolved within a specified time frame. The managing directors are regularly informed about the implementation status.
We strive for continuous improvement of the quality of our products. In doing so, we always consider the wishes of our customers and the market environment. The transition to higher quality alternatives includes the following:
- expand the range of certified organic products,
- expand the range of vegan products
- Expansion of the product range to include GOTS and Fairtrade certification
- Implementation of pilot projects to promote high quality standards
- Improving the quality conditions for conventional products in cooperation with our suppliers.
As we would like to offer products with higher quality, an exchange with external partners is essential. Therefore we are in close contact with NGOs, representatives of the scientific community and stakeholders.
Pilot projects and measures
RIBECO actively applies sustainable practices in our products, packaging and production processes when opportunities arise. Here are some of the pilot projects that RIBECO has already implemented:
- We have conducted a self-assessment according to STeP by Oeko-tex (Sustainable Textile Production).
- We are a member of the board of the Association of the German Spring Industry VDFI and represent the VDFI in specialist committees.
- We are member of the European Down and Feather Association EDFA and member of the board. In technical committees we represent the VDFI
- We have our own EDFA-accredited European Down and Feather Association laboratory and we are regularly audited for their standards.
- We are a board member of the International Down and Feather Bureau. We are the authorized organizer of the 100-year documentation for the IDFB.
- While the "LGA QualiTesT GmbH - INTERNAL QUALITY SYSTEM" no longer exists, we still use the system set up at that time internally to control quality throughout the entire supply chain.
We are committed to maintaining and expanding these measures and adding further measures as soon as the technology becomes available. We are also part of other pilots and initiatives that are shaping our industry and its quality performance:
- We got top marks and won the very first "Oekotest" for eiderdowns.
- Top marks of every bed manufacturer in mcgindex.com for sustainable hotel suppliers
- Partner in the pilot program of the first international hospitality providers to complete a chemical footprint; resulted in the best position of a bed seller
- Completion of the self-assessed STeP audit for sustainable production
Every year the current quality policy is evaluated and adjusted if necessary. This is the only way to ensure long-term consistent quality products, packaging and the development of our production. In addition, we formulate objectives on this basis and evaluate annually to what extent these objectives have been achieved.